ShortStory.US.Com is home to the best free short form writings online. Short Stories, flash fiction, micro fiction and poetry writing is a highly overlooked skill in the literature world. It doesn’t make publishers rich and the publishing market is shrinking. ShortStory.us.com’s purpose is to become a repository of the best works of its kind.
Our goals is to get more first time authors published and to provide an easy to read free online magazine for our readers. We accept any of the following!
- Poetry – Please between 3 and 4 poems
- Micro Fiction – Less than 500 words
- Flash Fiction – Less than 1000 words
- Short Stories – Less than 5000 words
- Random Articles for Offbeat Writing – Written on any topic you want as long as it is interesting
- Requests for Book Reviews – If you have recently published a book and would like us to review it, please contact us. We would love to. (We are currently no longer accepting requests as we have too many on hold. Toward the end of 09 we hope to open back up to reviews)
- Art Work – We plan to do some print publications and always in need of art work
- Writing Articles – Always looking to help pass on a good tip. If you have one send it on in
To submit to ShortStory.US.com read the following guidelines:
- By submitting work to us you guarantee that you are the owner of the copyright to that work.
- By submitting a story to us you agree to grant shortstory.us.com non exclusive publication rights to post the work online in the magazine and archive the writing forever.
- We accept simultaneous submissions ONLY for a reprint or if you are subbing the piece to other places that do not require first print rights. If you submit to us and it is accepted, you give us the right to publish it.
- We do NOT require first publishing rights but on the same note, do not submit something unless you can not provide us the right to publish it if it is accepted.
- We DO accept multiple submissions.
- You as author retain rights to your story at all times. We ask for electronic publishing rights and the right to include your work (if selected) for the yearly print anthology. If your writing is selected for the yearly anthology we will contact you and give you a window to opt out of the print anthology if you wish to.
- Send your submission to http://shortstory.us.com/submit-a-story/
- You will need to create an account first before you can submit your story for review.
- Format: All submissions should be left aligned, no indents. Single spaced except for paragraph breaks. This applies to everything but poetry. Poems can be submitted in the authors desired form. IF YOU DO NOT SUBMIT AS REQUESTED IT WILL BE REJECTED. Please read some of the stories on the site if you are unsure of the format.
- The Title of the story must consist only of the words: TITLE – By NAME OF THE AUTHOR
- On the About the Author field in the form, please include your brief biography including any recent publishing history. This should be limited to roughly 50 words.
- You should receive an e-mail confirming receipt of the submission. If you do not receive this email within the day you submit the story, you should assume the story has not reached us.
- Please note that we receive a very large number of submissions and failure to adhere to these submission guidelines will severely decrease the chances of your submission being viewed.
- We cannot currently offer payment at this time.